–adjective
1. physically or mentally exhausted by hard work, exertion, strain, etc.; fatigued; tired: weary eyes; a weary brain.
2. characterized by or causing fatigue: a weary journey.
3. impatient or dissatisfied with something (often followed by of ): weary of excuses.
4. characterized by or causing impatience or dissatisfaction; tedious; irksome: a weary wait.
I am weary.
I have felt this weariness setting in for a few weeks now. I am sure many most all moms feel weary at different points.
I am weary of vacuuming at least once a day and then to have Scott move a piece of large furniture and complain that "the house we live in (the one I keep up day to day) is disgusting." I look at that 300 lb piece of furniture and I know I would have cleaned back there.....if only I could have moved it.
I am weary of disciplining my children. There are days I feel like all I do from morning to bed time is nag, nag, nag. I understand Proverbs 29:7, "Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the delights you desire." Most days I am just waiting for that peace to come, and I grow weary in my waiting.
I am weary of being at home all of the time. I know that these are the most important days of my life - being with my children day in and day out, spending time with them, loving on them, guiding them. But some days, it requires so much; and sometimes I have so little.
On August 12 in Jesus Calling, I was brought to tears by what I read:
"Come to me when you are weak and weary. Rest snugly in My everlasting arms. I do not despise your weakness, My child. Actually, it draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs up My compassion - My yearning to help. Accept yourself in your weakness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been...I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blossom in My presence. Accept this gift as a sacred treasure: delicate, yet glowing with brilliant Light. Rather than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless you richly through it."
Again I am reminded that we are called to give that hard thanks. To be thankful for the hard days, because even the most weary of days are still a gift. They are a gift of one more day to spend here on earth with loved ones; they are a gift of one more day to learn to live in the presence of Jesus.
I am weary, yes. But I am also snugly wrapped in my Savior's compassionate, loving arms.
"For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10
1 comment:
I'm catching up on your blog Amber. :) It's been a busy season! I think we all have the ebb and flow of weariness. I know I can definitely relate. I also have the Jesus Calling devotional - it's great, isn't it? Very refreshing. And sounds like it was just what you needed that day!
Post a Comment