387. our nephew who was brave while getting stitches
388. that Landon did NOT have bleeding on his brain from a terrible fall
389. compassionate and worried sisters
390. praying friends
391. praying family
392. apple juice at the hospital
393. calm doctors
394. doctors who say, "If he were my son, I would do _______." That's when you fully trust what they have to say.
395. simply looking forward to another school week b/c it has to be less stressful than this Sunday has been
396. a familiar bed and pillow that call my name after a stressful day
397. that God loves my babies even more than I do
398. that God can take care of my babies even when I am one second too late
399. hospital bracelets to be placed in scrapbooks along side a story of bravery
400. tucking my babies into their own beds tonight, and not a cold, hard, sterile hospital bed
(Yes, I realize that all of my thankfulness is directed at the health and safety of my children. And, I am extremely thankful for both right now.
Yesterday, we were at our nephew, Hayden's, 3rd birthday party. He slipped and fell and his eyebrow hit the corner of the diving board. He had to be taken to Children's Healthcare for stitches. He was so brave.
Well, we cleaned up from the party for my sister-in-law while she was with Hayden and then came home. We literally had not been home 5 minutes before Landon took a horrible fall on our hardwood floors and hit the right side of his head completely - meaning, he fell in such a way that he was not able to brace his fall with his arms, and his head took the entire blow. He was knocked "silly" immediately; he never lost complete consciousness, but his eyes kept rolling back into his head, he couldn't talk for a while, and then we could do NOTHING to keep him awake. We rushed him to the hospital, but after a couple hours of observation, we were sent home. We could have had a CT scan, but the doctor said, "If he were my son, I would not do it b/c of the amount of radiation that his brain would be subjected to." So we came home relieved to have been released, but also wary of watching him closely for any signs of serious damage. But as I tucked my children in and prayed sweet thanks over them, I was reminded that they are first God's children. But, oh, am I thankful that He has given them to me...and that He helps me take care of them.)
Psalm 9:1 "I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds."
2 comments:
Praying he feels much better today!!
Oh Amber, what a day you had. I am so thankful the outcome was what it was, but so sorry you had to endure that to begin with. How scary for you.
Love you friend! Miss you!
Post a Comment