We started off our morning in a tasty way with chocolate chip muffins - a huge favorite around here.
Then it was time for First-Day-of-School-Pictures.
Miss Thing l-o-v-e-s to pose. She's sooooooooo funny!
Sweet picture.
Landon is Mr. I-won't-look-at-the-camera these days. At least he was smiling. :)
Landon was being goofy, and these faces make me happy. Especially Ella Beth's scrunched up nose. She has done that since she was a tiny girl; I love.
We started class with this prayer that came to me this morning. I'm not a big proponent of "recited" prayers, but this one was a good way to remember that we FIRST want God to be a part of our homeschooling. We said our prayer together - because it's as much for Mama as it is for my two littles. ;)
Our first activity was self-portraits. My friend, Megan, gave me this idea and I thought it was fun. Ella Beth's picture is pretty accurate, now for Landon's......
Ella Beth reviewed phonics while I introduced Landon to "school." Then it was time for Math. I literally thought the kiddos were going to jump out of their skin with excitement over getting our new manipulatives out. Sweet!
Landon worked on number recognition with his units.
Ella Beth worked on a review of writing numbers and place values.
And, we ended the day with big smiles. :) (Landon was LONG gone and finished with his first day of school by the time this picture was taken. He was playing with Buttercup, and I'm sure he was full of smiles; I just didn't capture a picture.)













No comments:
Post a Comment