Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kicked-up T-shirts

I bought some inexpensive long sleeved t-shirts at Target, and I decided to kick them up a notch (thank you, Emeril).

First, I used my handy and amazing Cricut (thank you, Mama) to cut my templates out of cardstock. Of course, you could always free hand your templates, but I'm type-A remember?!?!





I found some great fabric at Hobby Lobby and traced the templates.




I cut the templates out. A little tricky, but that wasn't the worst step.

That would be cutting out and applying the fabric adhesive. You do have to be precise because the adhesive will spread beyond the fabric...and you don't want that. Of course, almost all of my patterns had lots of curves so this was the hardest step most annoying step step that required the most patience. :)



Once you apply the fabric to the shirt, iron on to adhere the adhesive. Is that redundant?!?


And, wa-la, the end results are pretty darn cute!


Ella Beth's favorite - she's so proud to be 4!

My favorite.

I really like this butterfly template AND the colors in this fabric.

I can't believe Landon will be wearing this shirt in just 2 short months. Sigh.



If you're interested in me making any, let me know! And, if you have a little one's birthday coming up, don't be surprised to find one of these as a present from the Castleberrys. ;)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love them! They are so cute!

nkdilbeck said...

Love the shirts! You are really making me want a Cricut!