Thursday, October 28, 2010

Yumminess

What is it about this time of year that brings out the Betty Crocker in me? I mean, I love to bake all year round; but give this girl some cool weather, and the oven doesn't seem to ever turn off!

I am getting better about having little helpers in the kitchen with me. It's no secret that I am a neat-freak-perfectionist. It's a curse. Really it is. But, I am learning that if I prepare myself (i.e. give myself a good pep-talk and remind myself that there is a tasty reward in the end) I am OK with the mess that finds its way ALL OVER my kitchen. Most of the time. OK, I'm still working on it! But I am getting better. See...

Look at that smile. We did have fun!


Proud of her cookies.


Proud of his cookies, too.


Waiting is always the hardest part in life, isn't it?


Mouth watering yumminess!


I can't believe I didn't snap a pic of the kiddos actually eating their cookies. But I didn't. My nerves were shot from looking around the kitchen. ;) I'll make sure to snap one next time. Next time. Oh, how soon will I brave that?!?!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I hear ya! I have to keep telling myself the memories are always more important than cleanliness. I made some cookies for a friend the other day and the kids wanted to help ice them. I just repeated over and over "it doesn't have to be perfect, they will taste the same." :) And it really is all about memories. Now, I'm heading over for some cookies, okay? :)