Monday, September 27, 2010

Crafts Galore!

Over the weekend, I went to my friend Jenny's house to spend two days doing nothing but crafts! Jenny is a friend from back in the day at Berry College...as she reminded me, it's almost been 10 years since we graduated. Gasp! I still love her despite how old she made me feel. ;)

We spent hours making crafts. She and I are kindred spirits when it comes to making things with our hands. On Friday evening, we went to Archiver's (a scrapbooking store) and worked, and worked, and worked. Then on Saturday, we spent a few hours in her much coveted Craft Room. We were both super productive.

This is my favorite thing I made this weekend. It's just a wooden board with 4x6 compartments. I put it in our hutch in the kitchen. Love it! (and the top middle says "Est. 2003" - I don't know why it's hard to read in this picture.)


I also made a calendar for my desk to replace the one that just ended. Every calendar starts with October, right?!? Oh, it's just mine...'cuz that's when I had time to make it. ;)


And then Jenny and I made cards. LOTS of cards! Cards for every occasion!

Just because...

Happy Birthday (girl - in case you miss that hot pink!)...


Happy Birthday (boy)...


Happy Birthday (fun)...


I love you...


Baby...


Merry Christmas (for decoration)...


I'm taking a meal to our neighbor/cousin/friend who just had a baby boy. I thought this was cute...


Fall Card/Decoration (I made two of these. One for a card, and one for Fall decoration)...


Doesn't it frame nicely?! This is what I'll do with the Christmas card, too! Simple and inexpensive. :)


At Archiver's they had these cute little paint cans in all sizes. I made treat holders for the kiddos. I'm going to fill them with candy this Friday, and let them choose one goody a day until Halloween. They are excited! (Little do they know, my plan is that they will be OVER the excitement of candy and not interested in stuffing their faces! I'll let you know how my plan works.:))


I thought the tops turned out super cute. ;)


Oh, we had so much fun! I know it will be a while until I can spend this much time "playing," but I can't wait until next time.

2 comments:

MelDrop's Corner said...

ok, i don't know what's cuter...the crafts or your new header picture. FANTASTIC!

Rachael Walkup said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your new header. What an adorable picture :) And the crafts you did are wonderful. Love what you made for the hutch in your kitchen. Very crafty!