Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shortcake

Shortcake came into our family by chance. Pebbles was dropped off at Scott's parents' house on July 15 (his mom's birthday). Shortcake and three other kittens were born on July 31.

Ella Beth and Landon fell in love at first sight. Shortcake was the runt of the litter, which made her even cuter to all of us.

We brought her home last week. She has had no lack of attention or hugs or kisses.

DSC_0041

Aren't her whiskers just insanely white?!

DSC_0050

We have actually started to worry a little whether Shortcake is able to walk on her own. But I think it's just because we rarely see her doing it.

DSC_0093

And, I do mean rarely. ;)

DSC_0092

But, Shortcake is a good great sport. I don't think she minds all the attention all that much.

DSC_0060



4 comments:

Cherish said...

I love these pics! They're so precious and Shortcake is just too cute! :) It so great for little ones to have a pet to spoil :)

Becca said...

So sweet, Amber. I know you will treasure these images forever. Precious!

Megan said...

It's no secret, I am a cat lover. So I have to say SOOOOOO STINKIN' CUTE!!! Ooh, makes me want a kitten! My kids, especially Ansley, would LOVE to have a sweet kitten around the house. (And I would too of course, but our 12 year old cat wouldn't tolerate it well) :) So we'll enjoy your pics instead! :)

kylie said...

it cracks me up how our lives are so parallel. We have a stray that hangs around our house now bc reese takes turkey and throws it out to her every time she comes around. She is full grown though and all black...not as cute as your whiskery kitty! And she has scratched both the kids but they don't care! they still pet her and try and hug her! HA!