I was talking with my friend Angie the other day and sharing with her how I have really been struggling with patience lately. Ella Beth especially seems to push all of my buttons, and Landon has moments when he can push them, too. (Usually, he pushes the same buttons Ella Beth is pushing because he is "watching and learning" everything she does.)
Drum roll, please:
Top Ten Patience Testers
10. Ella Beth refusing to nap about 50% of the time now. I almost always need a break during the day, and I have relied on nap-time for this said break. When she won't nap (or won't just play quietly or read in her room)...Mama is at the end of her rope!
9. Landon and Ella Beth fighting over a toy or book in the backseat of the car. (Of course, neither wanted THAT toy until the other decided s/he did.)
8. Ella Beth refusing to "mind me" when I ask to do something (e.g. please put your jammies on, please put your shoes on, please STOP HITTING YOUR BROTHER...oh, sorry...my patience was waning.)
7. It never fails that when we are out to eat and I have [finally] started eating, Ella Beth needs to potty. I can't think of the last time I've eaten a hot meal at a restaurant. (Can anyone tell me why she NEVER needs to potty during breakfast/lunch/dinner at HOME???)
6. The noise level of having two very young children. If one makes a funny noise, the other copies even louder. Then the first one, not going to be out-done, responds even louder. Not to be under-done by the second...I can't even scream loud enough to get their attention. (Not that I've tried. Of course. Ahem.)
5. Ella Beth's sassy three-year-old attitude. Hands on her hips. Testing her limits in action and in word.
4. Landon not using his words. The boy can talk, but the boy likes to point and "uh, uh, uh." Oh My Word. Just tell me what you want b/c when I don't understand "uh, uh, uh" and don't do the right thing...I seriously have little patience to want to figure out what "uh, uh, uh" means after the FIFTH try!
3. The "I want Daddy" when I don't get my way from Mama. Give me a break!
2. The messes everywhere. I vacuum; they eat. I pick up toys; they drag everything out. I vacuum; they eat. I fold and put away laundry; Ella Beth goes through her entire wardrobe and leaves it on the bedroom floor. I vacuum; they eat.
1. They fight constantly. It just won't stop. Ella Beth takes something away from Landon; Landon screams. Ella Beth lays down to read a book; Landon tackles her and Ella Beth screams. Landon is playing on Ella Beth's bed; she pushes him off; Landon pulls her hair; lots of screaming. Landon says, "Uh oh" three times in a row; Ella Beth yells, "stop saying Uh oh!"; Landon says, "Uh oh."
(#1 is really never-ending. I do see how they love each other, and they can play well together when [Ella Beth] wants to. However, our current stage is play well together seldomly and fight OFTEN.)
Whew...I can feel my blood pressure rising just proofing this post!
3 comments:
Ella Beth takes after you as far as #7 goes. I don't think you ever went to a resturant or store that you didn't have to go potty. I think it had more to do with just checking out the bathroom than anything else! I thought for awhile instead of resturant reviews there might be a job in "bathroom" reviews. love, momma
The vacuuming never seems to be done and I only have one!! Love you!
Laughing! I know you are probably not laughing, but trust me, I am laughing with you and not at you! ;)
Post a Comment