Monday, September 7, 2009

Fun in the sun

Can I start off by saying that I really wish I was still on vacation?!?! Ella Beth does, too. When we were packing up to leave HHI yesterday, she started to cry and said, "I don't want to leave. I want to stay on vacation forever." Don't we all. ;)

We had an absolutely wonderful week. Scott's parents and my mom went with us...and let me just say that I don't foresee us doing any long vacationing without the grandparents in tow! It was a lot of work (back and forth to the beach...with all that STUFF), and it was an added blessing to have extra hands. Not to mention that Ella Beth and Landon love their Mimi, Nana, and Papa; they had lots of love showered on them non-stop for a full week.

Without any further ado, here are some (read: lots) of pictures. :)

--

Our rides to the beach. Our condo was right off the beach, but with four little legs and tons of stuff to bring down, two bikes and two karts made our hike to the beach much easier.

DSC_0054 

Landon's favorite beach activity was playing with his bucket and shovel. He would carry them everywhere, dig, pour water, you name it!

DSC_0052 

The boy also loves bubbles!

DSC_0063
 

Mama loves the boy's backside. (Yes, his shorts kept falling down...so we just rolled them, tag and all!)

DSC_0061 

Ella Beth and Landon playing together. Nicely. Made my day.

DSC_0078

Love these shots

DSC_0087 

DSC_0098 

We found a few starfish; Ella Beth wasn't too sure about them, but Landon was fascinated.

DSC_0115

DSC_0127 

Mommy got in a couple of photos.

DSC_0146
 

DSC_0147
 

Scott and Landon feeding the birds. Love how they are doing the same thing!

DSC_0183 

Ella Beth in her polka-dot bathing suit and ponytail.

DSC_0219 

DSC_0279 

Landon running to keep up. Don't forget your bucket!

DSC_0231 

We participated in a turtle race at the condo one afternoon. Both kiddos had a blast!

DSC_0485 

DSC_0488 

DSC_0493 

One (pretty) nice family shot.

DSC_0321 

And, my favorites from the week.

DSC_0499

DSC_0495 copy 

DSC_0495

Now that may seem like too many a lot of pictures for one post, but I assure you that this is just a tiny sampling of the hundreds of photos that were taken. 

We are already talking about and looking forward to next year's vacation!



1 comment:

Angie said...

Love the pictures. Looks nice and relaxing!