Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On turning 30...

I had much anticipation about turning 30. I wasn't necessarily excited about it, seeing as how I was starting a new decade in my life. However, I would turn 30 again any day!

Scott surprised me with a Surprise Dinner Party! He went way out of his natural "non-planning" personality, and really did it up well for my birthday. I felt so loved! He invited all of my closest friends and our small group (only the ladies made it) to the Kani House for a great Japanese meal. Japanese is my favorite food, so it wasn't too out of the ordinary for him to take me there; I did mention going somewhere else on the way, but then I changed my mind - good news for Scott, eh!!!

Here's a picture from the embarrassing lamp shade ensemble that I had to wear. Too bad we couldn't capture the loud drum, clapping, and singing in the photo for the full effect!

30 b-day
Scott also made me the BEST gift I've ever received! It's a swing in our backyard that hangs from a 40-foot tree limb! AWESOME!!! (I love you, honey!!!) I can't wait to post pictures of me on the swing; I love going as high as Scott can get me - I lose my stomach every time! Of course, I share it. I'll have pictures of others having a thrilling time, too!

Thanks to everyone who helped make my birthday the best! Turning 30 wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! In fact, I'm enjoying my maturity more and more these days. Ha! ;)



4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy birthday, Amber! Welcome to the 30's. :) Love the picture - what a great way to celebrate all that maturity! ;)

Angie said...

So glad you had a great time! It was fun surprising you and the food was great!

Rachael Walkup said...

YAY you got your surprise party! So glad you had a great birthday!

Ashley said...

So glad we could be a part of it! Love you dearly!!