Sat. 6/20 - 10:30 a.m. (GA); 5:30 p.m. (Ngaamba)
Morning entry:
We finally arrived in Nairobi, Kenya, around 6 a.m. this morning -- however, our luggage did not. I am trying to get my spirits up, but am struggling because I am FAR outside my comfort zone. The poverty here is oppressive; filth is everywhere. I long for home. (WOW...that was honesty, eh?)
(This picture is taken from our bus (window closed) of a market on the side of the road.)
I am really searching for what God is teaching me -- vanity, pride, disinterest, selfishness, all the above?
Evening entry:
We went to the village of Ngaamba today and spent a few hours. the children chased down our bus, about 100 of them, because they were so excited to see us. The women of the village are precious! They served us a feast of topas (fried flour tortillas), fried pancakes, chicken, tea, and fruit. I tried not to be too picky, but I didn't eat much.
(Just a little tired after 3 days of traveling! Don't know why this is underlined...)
The children from the school within Ngaamba-West all sang to us by their grade levels. It was amazing to hear them sing of their faith - their belief in God and Jesus, their unwavering love for our creator. I was humbled. Could it be that their faith is so strong becasuse they rely on God for everything? My own faith is weak in comparisson.
I am looking forward to spending the day at church tomorrow with the people of Ngaamba. I expect my faith to grow.
2 comments:
Welcome back Amber! Great pictures. I am interested to hear more about your journey and what God taught you along the way!
I can't wait to keep reading about your journey and you are so wonderful and vulnerable to share your walk with us. I love that you are back and love seeing your pictures. Looking forward to hearing more of what God did while you were there and what you 'brought' back with you.
Post a Comment