OK, so it's really in my tailbone...but it's close enough.
Tomorrow morning I am going in for surgery to have a cyst/tumor removed from the base of my spine. I have been in excruciating pain for the past 3 days, so I finally went to the doctor. (I've been hurting for almost two weeks, but it's one of those things that I kept hoping would go away.) When I saw the doctor this morning, he immediately called the hospital and sent me over. I am having emergency surgery tomorrow. Sounds worse than it is. Kinda.
I have honestly never been in such horrible pain. After I had Ella Beth, I had some pretty extensive recovery, but I also had my sweet daughter to help keep my mind off the discomfort. Even with colitis that I just had two months ago, I went to the ER quickly so it was over soon enough.
I should have listened to my body (and to my hubby) and gone to the doctor much sooner. Lesson learned.
I can't sit at all. Makes nursing interesting since I have to stand. It hurts to lay down because there is still pressure on my spine no matter how I position myself.
Ugh. I've been taking percoset, but my pain has gotten so severe that in all honesty, it hasn't been working in the last 8 hours.
I am looking forward to the procedure, though I will admit I am a bit scared. I am just hopeful that once my surgery is over, the only discomfort I will feel is from healing. Healing. Now that's a word I like.
I've been in contact with Landon's ped and a lactation consultant. They both say that if I just pump-n-dump once after the anesthesia wears off, I should be good to go. I am also going to be on a pretty stiff antibiotic to fight off any infection, but with good timing Landon shouldn't have any adverse side-effects.
Well, I'm only up this late because I've been waiting for the time that I can take another pain killer. Hopefully this one will help me out.
Night, night.
2 comments:
Hopefully the surgery will take care of it and you'll never have to think of it again. I had the one removed from my tailbone before you were born and it never came back. When I had it done they didn't knock me completely out but just gave me a heavy local and I can remember the nurse who thought I'd want to see the cyst bringing it to my face while I'm in the "awkward" position to show it to me - I wish she hadn't. I'm sure you'll do fine and be back to normal soon. I had mine done on a Thursday afternoon and then went back to work with my doughnut and pillow in hand on Monday. I'll be praying for you. love, momma
I will be praying that everything goes smoothly!
Post a Comment