Thursday, September 18, 2008

My heart aches

Today, my friend Ashly experienced a tragedy beyond comprehension.  Today, her son Brooks was born and was given immediately to our Lord.

Ashly was in her last week of pregnancy with her son, Brooks.  I ate lunch with her on Monday and we talked about those "last minute details" of pregnancy and preparing to bring home a child.  I can still remember the look of excitement and anticipation on her face as we just gushed with giddiness.

It's gone. 

Yesterday, Ashly and her husband, Denny, learned that their son no longer had a heartbeat.  Ashly gave birth to Brooks this morning at 8:20.  She held him.  She loved him.  She didn't want to let him go.

I don't understand why she had to.

My heart aches for Ashly.  I want to be mad, but for some reason...I just can't be.  I want to shake my fists at God and scream, "WHY?????"  But I don't.  

2 Samuel 22:31 tells us that God's way is perfect.  I choose to believe it. 

I don't understand how this is perfect.  Brooks must have been amazingly special, because our Lord simply called him home.

=====
Please pray for Ashly and Denny.  Pray for healing.  Pray for comfort.  Pray for protection.  Pray for peace.  Pray that Jesus would surround them.  Pray that they will feel Him.



1 comment:

Rachael Walkup said...

Thanks for the honest blog Amber. I also appreciate you being a friend. I love you dearly! -Rachael