Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bandage change

Ouch.  That's really all I have to say. 

I did scream out a slightly dirty word during my bandage change, but when gauze is being poked into an open wound, can you blame me?  I feel badly about my slip, but not as badly as I was feeling during the actual procedure.  Hopefully, God will forgive me!

I've been home most of the day, other than my post-op at the hospital.  I've been able to rest, which has been very nice...and needed.  Landon didn't sleep well last night, so Scott and I didn't get much rest.  Scott got up with Landon, but I was still awake.  Something about having one of my babies crying; I just can't sleep through it. 

I did have flowers delivered from my team at work.  Such nice guys I work with!  For those of you who don't know, of the 7 people on my team I am the only girl.  You better believe I keep them in line!  I am, again, reminded how blessed I am  to work in such a wonderful environment.   Since I was so unexpectedly sick, I couldn't imagine a more understanding team of people to support me.  I can tell you that I am looking forward to getting back to work on Monday.  I may still be moving slowly, but I'll be moving at work.

Well, my mom is here cooking supper, so I'm going to enjoy a little more rest.  :)



5 comments:

Ally said...

Hope you feel better soon and get some much needed rest for everyone.

John said...

we're trying to think of a good name for our team... we had some pretty "strange" suggestion today in our extremely long meeting... missed you there!

Josh Daws said...

I'd call that justifiable swearing. Nothing to worry about. :-) Hope you're feeling better soon!

Megan said...

oh my goodness! i'm getting caught up here...can't believe what's been going on with you in the past several days. wow! glad to hear that you are doing well and that you won't be in pain anymore! here's to a smooth recovery!

Kate said...

I just read your posts and I'm so sorry that you had to go through that! I'm so glad that they got all of the tumor and hope you are feeling better! Hang in there!