Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Growing up

No, I haven't fallen off the earth!  Things have been busy, busy, busy around here.  Hopefully, blogging will fall more into the routine soon instead of belated, random posts. ;)  Let's see if I can re-cap on just the most important things that have been going on...

Ella Beth's second birthday was wonderful!  I still can't believe she is 2!  Scott and I both rearranged our work schedules so that we could take Ella Beth to the aquarium and to the Imagine It Museum in Atlanta.  We all had a nice time - especially Ella Beth who has really come out of her shell in just the last couple of weeks.  She would have explored the entire aquarium by herself had we let her!

DSC_0031 
She just loved all of the animals and fish! 

DSC_0052
And...swinging on anything she could find!

DSC_0078

This was taken right after a little boy mowed her down.  No tears, but she did get her feelings hurt a bit.  (This was the only time she was still all day!)

DSC_0118

She loved poking her head put of this and yelling, "HEY!" as loudly as she could.

I can already tell that 2 is a big change around here.  Not only is Ella Beth not even a fraction as shy as she used to be, she's also feisty beyond belief.  Goodness, she's a mess.  Miss Attitude.  Miss Independent.  Miss I-won't-do-it-if-I-don't-want-to.  Whew!  I'm in for it! 

Ella Beth had a fantastic birthday party, too.  She got so many fun gifts, but her favorites are a baby doll she named "Miss Mariam," a keyboard shaped like a cat, Fancy Nancy dress-up clothes, and a doctor's kit.  I just loved her party, too.  This year she was excited before, during, and after the party which just made it that much more exciting for me, too!

DSC_0164

Despite Ella Beth being blurry in this shot, I still love it b/c it shows just how excited she was!

She went in for her 2 year check up last week.  All went well.  She did have to get an unexpected shot, so that was no fun, but she was as brave as she could be.  She just kept telling me, "Mommy, I want to go home now.  Plllleeeeeaaasssseeeeeeee.  I want to go home."  Talk about a heart-breaker.  She's still not on the chart for weight (21 lbs), but is in the 35% for height; maybe that means she will be taller than her 5-foot even mama one day.


Ella Beth also started pre-school last week.  She is having a very good time, and she is already attached to her teacher, Miss Amber (gotta love it when your child's teacher has your name!).  So, I had prepared myself for a rough morning dropping Ella Beth off - I was ready for a flood of tears, arms reaching out, "Mommy! Mommy!  Mooooommmmyyy!"  What did I get?  A kiss.  That's it.  She simply kissed me and walked in the door of her classroom.  Oh My Word!!!  It was a little bitter sweet.  She is growing up so fast. My little squirt amazes me on a daily basis.  Just when I think I know her, she goes and changes! 

DSC_0091

She is so proud of her new back pack!

Landon is also growing up these days.  He's such a talker!!!  Loves for anyone to talk to him, and he makes the cutest (and loudest) noises in response!  I absolutely L-O-V-E this stage!!!  He is nothing but fun, fun, fun!  And cute to boot!

We are, however, going through a little struggle getting him to eat solids.  He wants NO part of them.  At all.  If he does happen to swallow a tiny morsel of food, he will literally gag himself to get it back up and spit it out.  It's hilarious that he will go to so much trouble over the tiniest bit of food.  We've tried cereal, pears, applesauce, sweet potatoes, you name it.  So far the only accomplishment we've made is a few good videos and photo moments!

DSC_0267

This is his "locked lip" stance.  NOTHING can get in that mouth once he's locked it shut!  And I thought the second child was supposed to be easier.  What was I thinking?!?!

OK, that's it for this re-cap.  I have more excitement to share, but it will come in a later post.  This Mommy is ready for bed!



3 comments:

jj said...

thanks for the update! ella beth is just adorable w/that backpack on...and that picture of she and scott (when she was sad) is just so sweet.:)

Cherish said...

That birthday picture is so precious!! Her face is priceless. You can tell exactly how excited she was and how much she was enjoying her party. Wonderful picture!! :)

megan said...

awww, that picture of Ella Beth at the aquarium is so sad! but i love the one at her birthday, so that makes up for it! ;) that one is SO cute. makes me remember when Ansley turned two - such a fun year you have ahead of you!