Saturday, August 2, 2008

When spit turns funny

Over the last month, Landon has learned to blow raspberries.  He is never dry!  He can soak a bib in 5 minutes flat, and he usually has 3 outfit changes per day.  Well, along with Landon's new stage has come Ella Beth's.  She has decided that since Landon spits she should, too.  Oh, she just makes a big mess!  Everywhere.  She will spit on things, spit in her hands and share it with us, or just let it drip down her chin..."I'm just like Landon," she says.

So, lately she has been getting in trouble for spitting.  The cuteness of her copying Landon wore off pretty quickly.  Yesterday, we were driving in the car and she was spitting into her hands and rubbing it everywhere.  Gross.  I kindly asked her not to that again.  She did.  I told her not to do it.  She did.  I told her that if she did it again I was going to pull the car over and she was going to be in trouble.  So, I'm watching her in my little mirror that hangs from my rear view mirror that lets me keep an eye on her, and I see her put her hands up to her mouth ready to spit again.  I turn my head around and give her the look, and she immediately closes her eyes and says, "God is great.  God is good.  Let us thank Him for our food.  Amen."  I busted out laughing, and just smiled the rest of the way home.  Priceless. :)



3 comments:

angie said...

Kids say that cutest things! :)

Angie said...

Can't type with 2 kids in my arms. "the" is what I meant to say.

megan said...

that is too cute! definitely one to remember. and talk about at her wedding. :)