How did this happen? Where did you learn to put your hands on your hips??! How have two years passed in only an instant? How do I love you more today than yesterday, yet not as much as I will tomorrow?
My girl is two.
Ella Beth, you are beautiful. Inside and out. Always remember that the inside is much more important, and that is what God truly cares about.
You are the smartest little thing I've ever known. You have known all of the ABCs since we brought Landon home from the hospital; that was almost 6 months ago. You can count to twenty. It may not seem like a big deal when you're old enough to read this, but trust me, it is. You know lots of different colors and like to point them out. Yesterday, we were in the car and you said, "Mommy, see that green truck? See it?" I sure did - it was bright green. I also saw your pink socks, Landon's blue bib, and the white cow you pointed out. :) Some of my favorite things you say right now are: "Mommy, tickle my belly. Tickle my toes. Tickle my esophagus!!!" "Daddy, that's not a rhinocerous; it's a hippopotamus!" You seriously crack me up! How did you get so smart?
You love to sing! Loudly. No matter where we are. You know every word to Jesus Loves Me, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Wheels on the Bus, Don't Throw Your Junk in my Backyard, Sally the Camel, Old Time Religion, Skitty Ma Rinky Dinky Dink, Rockabye Baby, and many more. However, lately you like to come up with your own songs, and they really make me happy. You sing about blueberries, Landon, your PJs, really just about anything that's on your mind.
It's so fun to watch your imagination bloom. You love to go around the house and "pick" blueberries for your basket to share with everyone. You also love to take care of Baby Anna, "just like Mommy takes care of Landon," as you say.
Oh yeah, how could I forget...you L-O-V-E to talk. Constantly. Incessantly. Without ceasing!
Landon has a wonderful big sister in you. You are very sweet to him, and I can already see the bond between you growing stronger. You are very protective of him, and you already want to teach him everything you know. We have to remind you (often) that Landon can't talk because sometimes you forget. "Landon. Landon. LAAAANNDONNNNN. What do you think, Landon? Landon?" Don't worry, sweetheart, he's growing up way too fast just like you. He'll be answering soon.
And, my goodness you are one feisty little squirt. Whew! You definitely have your opinions and you're not shy sharing them! Good for you, I say. Just be careful that you are nice to others. "Oh, I see," is what you would say.
You amaze me. You frustrate me. You wear me out. You make me smile. You make my cup runneth over! I love you. I have loved every single day that I have had with you over these last two years. My heart bursts at the seams with love for you. I love being your Mommy. I love how much you enjoy spending time with me. I am reminded how much you love me when you light up just because we're playing together. Nothing is more special to me than that.
Thank you for being my girl.
I love you.
Mommy
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! See you at your party!
happy birthday, Ella Beth! Sweet picture. :)
Post a Comment