OK, people. Poop is just icky. No way around it.
My new friend, Allison (shout out...Hey, Allison!!) and I were talking the other day about how no one ever tells you how DISGUSTING parenting is. People tell you how sweet, how special, how rewarding, even how time-consuming it is. But never did anyone tell me how GROSS it is. So, for all you moms to be out there, here's your warning:
POOP AIN'T FOR THE WEAK! (Neither is vomit. But that's another post.)
So church just doesn't come at the greatest time of the day for babies. Poor Landon was just exhausted when it was time for Waumba Land today. Since the nursery ladies are pretty stretched thin, I just took him with me to "big church" b/c I knew that he would sleep in my arms. He doesn't sleep well in the nursery b/c they just like to put him in the swing...(which I know is easy for them, but not for Landon...but, I digress). Well, he slept like an angel in "big church" - mouth hanging open, paci barely holding on to his bottom lip; just precious! Then he woke up. I smelled it. Never heard it. But the nose doesn't lie. It was at the end of the service, so I just thought I'd wait and change his diaper in a couple of minutes. So, I waited. He patiently sat in my lap kicking his legs and smiling away. It wasn't until I walked into Waumba Land to pick Ella Beth up that I realized not only had Landon's diaper exploded all over his Strausburg dedication outfit (hey, I wanted to get a little more use out of it!), but Mommy was wearing Landon's poop all over her, too. Gotta love it! Come on, people, anyone with me here?!?
I made it home only slightly embarrassed. And slightly stinky.
On to potty-training. Sunday afternoon. Same day. Potty-training with Ella Beth has been a blessing. As much of a blessing as it can be. We consider her 95% trained, and it's been relatively easy. Nice. She's very proud of her new potty abilities, and loves to do the "I tee-tee'd, I tee-tee'd dance" at every opportunity. (It's seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I'll be getting it on video!) I guess I should say that potty-training was a blessing until Ella Beth's tummy started hurting today. Anyone out there got a shout out now?!! Oh My Word! The poor thing couldn't run to the potty fast enough to keep up with her tummy. Did I mention that we can't find pull-ups or panties small enough for her? Do you know what that means??? Everything that comes out just keeps on coming. Down her legs, all the way to her feet. Now, I did feel sorry for my sweet little girl b/c she got very upset each time she had an accident. But let me be honest here and say that I was felling pretty sorry for myself, too!!! All 5 times! It ain't for the weak, people!!!
Here's hoping for a cleaner, more sweet-smelling start to your week. :)
1 comment:
I am with you on that. Aidan and Carsyn are my "blow out poopers" as I would call them and Brenna has been my neat one. HA! A note about sleeping at Waumba Land..Carsyn's teacher has done a great job getting Carsyn down to sleep (it is her nap time as well). She has gone to sleep in the crib everyweek and slept through everything. Why won't she do that at home?
Post a Comment