Well, this past weekend Scott and I have decided not to build the house that we put a contract on in Dawson Forest Manor. Wow. I actually typed that, so it means it's true.
Am I disappointed? Yes.
Am I okay with the decision? Without a doubt.
Isn't it weird how you can be very disappointed about something but totally okay with it at the same time? I guess that's what faith and trust are all about.
It is still sinking in that we will remain in these tight quarters for yet another "little while longer," but when my husband comes to me and tells me that he "just doesn't feel right" about the house - I trust his decision. I know that the Lord will still bless us here. I know that the Lord will still bless us in the future when we do build our "dream" house.
Scott has really thought about the house in DFM, and he feels that the builder is really taking advantage of us. We want a nice house, and since Scott was going to do so much work himself, financially the builder was still asking way too much. We could afford it, so that's not the issue. It's just that if we are going to put so much money and personal time into something, we want to make sure that it's worth it.
For now, we will just wait and see what happens. We are under contract with Century 21 for 3 months for their real estate services. With the market the way it is, I'm sure we will still be here in 3 months time. If something were to come out of our real estate contract, we'll just go from there.
There is a bright side...I do have a nursery that I now get to decorate. :)
Anyway, thanks to those of you who have kept us in your prayers about the house situation. Apparently, our prayers were answered; just not in the way we thought they would be. But, that's okay. As they say, "Love grows best in little houses."
4 comments:
Wow - I honor your faithful decision as well as your submission to the leadership of your husband. Anxious to hear more about it on Tuesday.
I am sure this was a really hard decision to make and I know how much you looking forward to being in that subdivision! Good for you for making a hard choice like that together. See you tomorrow.
I know that you must feel a little relieved to have some finality, but also a little let down. It's always exciting to be on the edge of new things. See you tonight.
It was great to finally meet you in person earlier this week! Looking forward to having you and Ella Beth over soon so she can meet Paige and they can play! If I don't talk to you before, have a wonderful Christmas!!
Post a Comment