So, this pregnancy I have allowed myself 5 caffeinated beverages. Not many, I'll agree. However, each time I've had one, I've felt really guilty b/c I didn't have any during my pregnancy with Ella Beth, and I only had one caffeinated beverage that I can remember while I was nursing. So...despite the research that "limited amounts" of caffeine are okay, and "research suggests that there are no serious side-effects to limited caffeine consumption," I'm still givin' it up. Partly b/c I feel that I need to give this baby the same treatment that I gave Ella Beth, and partly because "research suggests" just doesn't make me feel 100% convinced. So, here I go...I suppose for a year and a half without caffeine. Oh, how I am going to miss COKE. Now, I'll buy caffeine-free COKE every once in a while, but I can't find a single restaurant that serves up a fountain caffeine-free COKE - and believe me I ask every where I go. So think of me as you indulge in your Dr. Pepper and COKE. I'll smile for you on the outside, but on the inside... ;)
Well, the pain in Scott's side/abdomen has returned. He says that it's not "as bad" as it was almost two weeks ago now. However, it upsets me that it has returned at all. It also frustrates both of us that his appointment with the specialist is still 9 days away. I mean, the poor guy has pollops all over his small intestine and is in pain from this infection. Why can't they squeeze him in, say, YESTERDAY??? I am going to make sure that the doctor understands our frustration - in the nicest way possible, of course.
Something strange happened this morning. First, last night I went to bed around 10 and I was a little hungry. But I just don't like eating that late, so I decided that I could manage. WRONG! I was so sick this morning. I had a black-out spell in the shower which was scary. I knew that my eyes were open, but I couldn't see anything. I just held on to the sides of the shower and carefully lowered myself down so as not to fall. It took all of my energy to finish my shower. When I got out, I demanded that Scott fix a "substantial breakfast" - of course, he had already poured milk for his cereal - oops. He promptly turned it into chocolate milk. Thank goodness I have a sweet hubby who (even when sick himself) can still fix a "substantial breakfast" of bacon, eggs, and toast. Yum-o! Now, don't go thinking that I'm some psycho when prego - this was my first demand of the pregnancy. Since I'm now 12 weeks, I think I'm allowed at least one "demand" per trimester. :) However, I won't be feeling bad about eating no matter what time of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment