Monday, August 27, 2007

Just so much...

So life's been busier and more hectic than usual. Last week was interesting. Scott got sick last Sunday. We thought he had a virus of some sort, but when he was still sick on Wednesday he decided to go to the doctor. Well, the doctor sent him for x-rays, blood work, and an ultra sound. His blood work came back very disconcerning. His white blood cell count is extremely low. Hmmm. He went back to the doctor today to have his blood drawn again, but we won't get those results until tomorrow. Scott is, however, scheduled for a CT scan on Wednesday at 1:00 PM, so if you think of him, say a prayer. The doctor hasn't been really specific as to what could be wrong. That only leaves my mind to wander and worry. Is it leukemia? Aplastic anemia? Some other blood or bone disease? We are praying that it's nothing as serious, but right now we just don't know. It's hard b/c Scott can't describe exactly what's wrong other than being "sore and not feeling right." Again, only leaving my mind to worry.



It's been extra hard on me being prego. Thankfully, the good Lord has decided that my all-day-sickness can subside some now. I'm still battling nausea when I don't have enough on my stomach, but it's not all-day every day any more. That has shortened my sickness by two weeks in comparison to my first pregnancy. I must say that it has been a blessing. I reckon God just knew that it was more than I could take. Thank goodness for His promises! However, with Scott being down-n-out, it's left me with a lot of the work load with Ella Beth in the evening and around the house. I thought I was coming down with something last Thursday, and Scott even took Ella Beth to his mom's b/c I just felt awful when I woke up Friday morning. Turns out I had just run myself ragged and needed a little time to rest. I am so thankful to have Kathy, my mom-in-law, close by b/c she sure does make things easier. She'll be keeping Ella Beth on Wednesday while Scott and I go to the hospital for his CT scan.



Anyway, that's all for right now. I'll keep you posted with the latest. Hopefully, there will be nothing considerate to report. Thanks for your prayers.



3 comments:

Elizabeth McFarland said...

Hey Amber, Just wanted to say that we miss seeing you both now that we no longer have small group. Scott will definately be in our prayers, please let him know that we are thinking of him!

Ashley said...

So did you hear anything? How did it go? Let us know!

Ally said...

We'll definitely have you all in our prayers.