Thursday, August 16, 2007

I told myself so...

Last night was our last small group meeting, and it was our turn to take dinner. I had bought the stuff to make enchilladas (sp?) two weeks ago. That was before my aversion to Mexican food hit. I knew better than to eat any of what I had made; I was even getting sick just smelling it while it was cooking. I took a peanut butter sandwich with me to group. But did I eat it??? Of course not. I ate one enchillada, and I've been paying the price all morning. I may never eat Mexican food again...ever. It's so hard being very sick with a tiny one year old pulling at your leg while you're heaving over saying, "Up please. Up please." Bless her.



So far this pregnancy has been identical to the pregnancy that I had with Ella Beth. I could not eat Mexican food while I was prego with her, and it took about 5 months after she was born for me to dare to try it. I am also sick all day long, and very tired around 1:30 each afternoon. Thankfully, Ella Beth usually naps from 2:30 'til 4'ish. It has become my nap time too. Sometimes I feel lazy, but I'm worthless if I try to get anything done. Oh well. At least I know that "this, too, shall pass." I'm counting down the weeks. If it's the same as with Ella Beth, I have about 5 weeks to go.



Well, here is my first belly shot. I can't believe that I'm already showing, but I am. I just have a pooch that can't be sucked in. Whatever. I'm trying not to let it eat at me, but it's kinda annoying. Looking back at pictures with Ella Beth, I look the same now as I did at about 14 weeks. Sigh. (The picture quality isn't great. Scott was using my new camera, and he's not familiar with it. Also, don't mind the wet hair. I should probably take a new picture...but between prego brain and mommy brain, I'm sure I'll never remember to do it.)Dsc_0231



1 comment:

Ashley Jansen said...

Can I have your belly pooch instead of mine pretty please?