Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mother's Day and Brushing Teeth

My first Mother's Day was wonderful.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I may like Mother's Day even more than my birthday...which is a lot!  I absolutely love being a mommy.  Every morning when Ella Beth wakes me up (somewhere between 5:30-6:30), I walk to her room with my eyes barely open and think, "I wish she would sleep longer."  However, the moment I open her nursery door, I honestly feel my heart wake up and long for my little girl.  When I go to pick her up, she smiles at me and claps her hands because she is so excited that mommy has come.  It's the best moment of every day!  100_1277



After church, my mom came down for Mother's Day and we all went to Scott's parents' house where the whole family (all 32 of us now) spent the day.  We ate a delicious lunch, played a game of baseball in the yard, opened gifts, and just spent time enjoying the day and one another.  After we got back home, Scott gave me my gift of five hydrangeas which are my favorite.  He planted them for me under our cedar tree where they will get plenty of shade and acidic soil.  I could not have asked for a more perfect gift!  I can't wait until they bloom so that I can cut fresh flowers and bring them inside to enjoy. :)  I don't know how to top that for Father's Day!



Well, Ella Beth has been introduced to her tooth brush.  It was quite entertaining to watch her open her mouth the first time I brushed her teeth.  She didn't know whether it was something to eat or something to play with!  I ran it under some water and gently brushed her two teeth.  Well, now she has the hang of it all on her own, and we brush our teeth together every morning.  It's so cute!  Scott caught us on the video camera, and it's funny because it looks like Ella Beth is trying to be so grown up and copy me.  I know it's just a glimpse of what's to come having a little girl who is so much like her mama!  100_1276



2 comments:

Ally said...

That is so awesome. I feel that way about Peyton, too. When he gets up, between 530-630a, I feel grumpy because I want more sleep. But when he smiles that big smile at me, I can't help but smile. I agree, my first Mother's Day was awesome and I think I prefer it to my birthday too. (Plus, Mother's Day doesn't mean you're getting older.) I'm glad you had a great day!

Ashley Jansen said...

So precious! I smiled at your 'groggy morning' story. I sit there and get frustrated with myself for not pumping to allow Mark to give him a bottle so I could sleep through the night. He's not to the giving me a smile stage yet, but he is to the just looking darling stage. Then I quietly thank God for this big blessing that i get the privilege of feeding - no matter what time it is. Thanks for the sweet reflection.