Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Little Bitty Squirt

Well, it's official...Ella Beth is a squirt.  She went to the pediatrician this morning for her check up, and she has lost 1/2 a pound since April.  Yes, I said LOST.  At 8 months she was 14 lbs, 8 oz; today she was 13 lbs, 14 oz.  Oh my word!  The doctor isn't "too worried" yet, but she has to go for a weigh-in next month to make sure she is gaining weight.  And can you believe this...I have to start counting her calories each day to take to the pediatrician b/c they may have to put her on a special nutrition diet.  Oh my word!!!  The crazy thing is that Ella Beth eats all she wants!  She is just the most active little baby, so she is burning more calories than she is taking in.  The doctor instructed me to start feeding her yogurt because it has twice the calories of a jar of baby food and some fat.  It's just weird to me b/c most babies are roly poly.  I hope that it's just petite characteristics.  If she doesn't start gaining a good amount of weight, she is going to have to go through tests and blood work to make sure nothing is wrong.  Just one more thing to worry about for the next month. 



On another note, Ella Beth is so stinking cute it takes me by surprise every day.  I love taking pictures of her when she is looking at the camera and when she's not.  The camera and video camera have to be the number one invention of all time.  I cherish the fact that I have pictures to help remind me of when she was teeny tiny b/c I just can't remember it (not that she's all that big now, right).  100_1235 I have updated pictures in her Growing Up gallery for you to see.



1 comment:

Ashley Jansen said...

I want to hear how your first Mother's Day went :)