Friday, October 24, 2014

Multitudes

3411. hearing Peanut call the iPad the Pie-Pad

3412. if you ask Peanut a question, instead of saying "yes" he responds, "Sure!"

3413. squishy pillows for sleeping with

3414. a really, really good school year with Birdie-girl and Buddy-Ro -- they are loving My Father's World and doing work together for Bible, History, Latin, Science, and Spanish

3415. going at our own pace with learning. Some days we spend a lot of time on history (The Egyptians and pyramids have been a huge favorite around here!), while some days we are able to do 2-3 days worth of work in one day. {Usually} the kiddos' attitudes are flexible and adaptable, and I am so thankful that our year is going well. Dear Lord, thank You! And please let it continue!!

3416. watching Jill Duggar (now Dillard) as she gets ready for her wedding on 19 Kids and Counting and seeing Birdie light up with all of the details.

3417. having great role models that I can actually refer to with Birdie-girl when we need to "discuss" any attitude or behavior that comes up

3418. how my all-time-Daddy's-boy really and truly likes me lately. He's always had a sweet spirit, and I have known that he loves me...but these days, he LIKES me. And I like that a lot. :)

3419. beautiful Fall days

3420. steroids for the bigger boy who still suffers from croup with the change of seasons (darn asthma...)

3421. Mimi's BBQ that was a huge hit with the kiddos. I don't know how many people they have given the recipe to!! [In case you want it: 1 large Pork Roast and 1 can of Dr. Pepper -- put roast in crock pot, pour DP over roast, and cook on low all day. About 30 mins before serving, shred meat with forks and pour BBQ sauce of your choice (and amount) over meat. Mix well. Put back in crockpot to heat back up. Serve. Enjoy!!]

3422. a lovely tea party to celebrate Birdie's sweet friend turning 8

3423. a mama and mother-in-law who both enjoy surprises for Christmas...b/c I've already ordered their gifts :)

Psalm 100:4, "Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

No comments: