The kiddos saw Santa, were surprised by their elf, and had fun with family. Their big gifts were BB guns for the bigger ones, a train for the little one, a razor scooter, and a surprise gift of a punching bag for the big boy. Lots of fun in our house!!

Our elf went a little crazy. :)


Christmas Eve with the cousins.

Christmas morning:




We rang in the New Year very quietly at home. You know, as parents of 3 young kiddos. Who feel old most days, and like to go to bed early. Ahem.
I have started my new year with a word instead of a resolution. My word is Enjoy. For the month of December, I thought my word of 2014 was going to be Joy. I wanted to find Joy in the moment. But as I prayed through the month, the Spirit led me to ENJOY. I am a do-er. A task-get-done-er. I like to check off boxes, feel accomplished, and get things done. And I realized that I have a hard time Enjoying my day-to-day life. I feed my kiddos, but it often feels like a chore. I bathe my kiddos, but sometimes it's just to get them to bed. I play with my kiddos, but sometimes it's not all that fun.
And all of this is because I am not enjoying my time. I am so busy "doing" that I am not Enjoying my life. And that's not how I want to live. I want to Enjoy my life in every precious stage. Life is not always easy; it's not always pretty and perfect. But when I'm "doing" as simply a means to get to the end of the day...I realize that sweet days are slipping away. And they will never come back.
So 2014 is for me to Enjoy. Enjoy my children. Enjoy being a Mama. Enjoy life. This life is all I've got, and I've got the most precious people to share it with. So this year - I'm going to Enjoy it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment