Thursday, January 9, 2014

Life around here lately...

has been lazy.

Goodness, Christmas break lasted forever it seemed. Too long for this Mama. Maybe it was the flu, maybe it was the crazy cold weather, but we were lazier than ever! We stayed in our PJs a lot, and that is not normal for me. It was fun for a while, but man am I glad to be back in our regular groove. My love for all things orderly is slightly compulsive at times. Ahem. ;)

Birdie has my love of pictures, and has been going through old photo albums every evening.

DSC_0005

This little fella loves chapstick lately.  DSC_0006

And the boys enjoy their matching PJs. :) Who knew I would be such a sucker for "matchy matchy" with BOYS!DSC_0010

But school started back, and after lunch this boy - after finishing all of his work in the morning - asked me, "Mama, can I do some more school? I want to do more." So back we went! (Disclaimer: That was yesterday. Today, he said it was boring and couldn't wait to be done.) DSC_0020

And this girl, who is getting so big lately, just sits down and starts working on her own. Independence is something we strive for as parents, but it comes a little too quickly when it's my 7 year old and she doesn't need me as much as she used to. DSC_0024

Although I know it's winter and the season actually just started 3 weeks ago, and although I love winter clothes more than any other (especially my boots!), I am ready for temperatures to warm up. My kiddos love to be outside, and warmer temps allow for longer periods of time out-of-doors for them to burn off all of this pint-up energy that causes us to go a little stir crazy at times. Of course, when it's summer and 100 degrees I will regret ever wishing for warmer weather. But hey, it's freezing here right now, so I can't be held accountable for my wishy-washy feelings. :)

No comments: