Saturday, July 27, 2013

His First Haircut

I debated between cutting Peanut's hair myself or taking him somewhere and having it cut. He doesn't have all that much hair, there's not a child-friendly salon close to us, and I really didn't want to pay $16........so I decided to cut it myself. I was a tad apprehensive since I'm used to cutting Scott and Buddy-Ro's hair with clippers, but I "googled" how to cut a boy's hair and found really good instructions. And off we went to the driveway!

Peanut was very interested in what I was doing at first, but he got very squirmy. Especially when it came time to cut the hair around his ears. But all in all it went well, and his hair looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself. ;)

Before:

1sthaircut-1

During:

1sthaircut-2

1sthaircut-3

1sthaircut-4

Birdie helped me collect the baby hair and put them safely in a bag to keep.

1sthaircut-5

There was one small curl in the back that was a little hard for this Mama to cut. But since it's pretty obvious P isn't going to have curly hair, off it went.

1sthaircut-6

Silly boy!

1sthaircut-7

After: It was a tad windy so there are a few hairs blowing, but it was much better than before!

1sthaircut-8

1sthaircut-9

Such a big boy!!

1sthaircut-10

No comments: