Sunday, February 24, 2013

Porter - 11 months

11 months. I can't believe it. Sometimes I just want time to s.t.o.p. because my BABY is growing up too fast. But, then I just look at him and see all of the things that make him so deliciously wonderful and I decide that, OK he can grow up.

Just not too fast.

As in, this next month better crawl by s-l-o-w-l-y.

Porter is working so hard on crawling. He will get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. If there is something he wants that is out of reach, he will stretch as far as he can and then push himself with his legs. But I am trying to brace myself. Because once this fella is mobile, life will never be the same. He will be the busiest one yet. Of that I have no doubt.

We are about to be finished with baby food. As soon as the last frozen veggies from the garden are gone, "real food" here we come! Now, I can't imagine Porter giving up applesauce b/c he eats it at least once a day. But, applesauce isn't really baby food. Right? I mean, the bigger kiddos eat it all of the time, too. :)

Porter has moved into some 6-12 month onesies. Woo hoo! And he's wearing 6-9 month PJs. He's a growin'! This outfit is 9 months, and it's just a tad big. ;)

He has 6 teeth. Number 5 poked through yesterday, and number 6 came in today. 

When Porter is hungry and if he wants to, Porter will either say "more" or sign "more" or he will say "bite bite." But that's only if he wants to. All of the other times, he makes this weird growling noise that he only makes in his high chair. As much as we don't want to encourage it, most of the time we can't help but laugh because it is hilarious! He will also wave and say "bye bye" and has started saying "hey." He still doesn't say "Mama." But Mama is trying to be patient.


Porter is definitely a Mama's boy, which I absolutely love since Landon only wanted his Daddy unless he was hungry. One of my favorite things is seeing Porter's little arms stretched up as high as he can get them when he wants me to pick him up. He also loves to snuggle into my shoulder when other people talk to him, especially if he thinks that they want to hold him. He will nestle his little head down, and I assure him that Mama's got him. :)

If I had to choose one absolute favorite thing that Porter does this month, it would be when he wraps both of his tiny arms around my neck and just holds them there in a hug. Most of the time he will play with my hair at the same time, but those hugs are the sweetest. Sometimes they last for 30 seconds or more, and I eat up every second! He also strums his lips with his fingers, and it makes me smile every time. He gets this little look on his face that is just so sweet. If I do it back, he will continue like it's a game. Melt my heart.




No comments: