Recently, a friend of mine told me that I was "one of those people who just comes across as having it 'all together.'" I honestly choked as I muttered out the word - WHAT???
She went on to tell me how and why I came across that way to her and to others, and I honestly had a hard time relating to much of what she said about me at all. I sure don't have it "all together" - and that's a promise. And in case I have given anyone else that misconception of me, let me disprove it for you.
*Today, I forgot to brush my teeth before leaving the house.
*Yesterday, I noticed around 11:20 am that my teeth felt "skuzzy"... and I remembered that I hadn't brushed my teeth yet. So, I waited until after I ate lunch and then brushed my teeth.
*I have worn my slippers out into public. More than once.
*I have to pray for patience and gentleness and self-control in dealing with my kids multiple times a day.
*There are days that I have to pray for God to allow me to Like my children.
*Some mornings I get up at 5:20 in order to "start my day off right" - but after a shower, getting ready, and a cup of coffee, I still haven't opened my Bible...and the kiddos are all waking up
*Some days I pretend that I'm using the bathroom longer than necessary just to have 3 minutes to myself
*Sometimes I will nurse Porter to sleep for his nap and continue to hold him after he's fallen asleep just to continue sitting
*I hide toys that get on my nerves
*I have gotten out of the shower without rinsing my hair
*I forget to lay out meat to thaw for supper, and at 4:45 pm I scramble to put a meal together
*I forget to get the wet clothes out of the washing machine and have to rewash loads of laundry
*My gas light always comes on before I notice that I need to get gas
*I forgot to send a lunch with Landon to preschool last week
*Landon rarely has clean socks
*I always forget to buy Landon socks when we're at the store
*Ella Beth reminds me every week to wash her clothes
*I will re-wear my nursing camis if I forget to wash my own clothes
*I forget to do my own laundry until I am down to my least favorite pair of underwear
*My desk in our well-organized school room is a disaster
Nope. I don't have it all together. Not even close!
1 comment:
This made me laugh. I can so relate!!! You're doing a fantastic job with those kiddos...even if you do have fuzzy teeth. haha And the one I could relate to the most - staying in the bathroom longer than needed just to get some time to myself. LOL
Thank you for being so transparent!
Melissa W.
Post a Comment