Sunday, September 23, 2012

Porter's first bites

Porter has started eating solids. Well, really, he's eating mushy veggies and fruits...but they call them "solids" so we just go with it. I decided to make homemade baby food this go 'round, and Oh. My. Word. Why did I not do this before??!? It's soooo much cheaper, healthier (most of our foods have come straight from our own garden!), and easier than I expected. So thankful for my food processor and our bountiful harvest. :)

I simply cannot believe that Porter is already eating baby food. CRAZY!!! He was ready before I was, that's for sure. He just keeps surprising us all by how he is just moving right along in his development. I guess we kinda expected everything to come slower and later since he was so early, but he's just on his own time table and is moving full speed ahead!

Porter very much reminds me of Ella Beth in many ways, but especially when it comes to eating. You'd never know how good of an eater Ella Beth has always been (still hanging out around 35 lbs and she's 6 years old); and you'd never know how good of an eater Porter is already because he's still a pretty tiny little fella. Those Castleberry metabolisms are fierce!

Don't you just love pictures of babies eating? Messy, funny, and cute to boot!
 Ummm, excuse me I'm trying to eat here. ;)
Oh, yummy. That was good!

It's hard to believe that we are already here at this stage, but Porter was ready and he's such a good eater! So far he's eating pears, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and applesauce. I'll be making green beans tomorrow, and I'm crossing my fingers that he will just keep eating his bites. :)

No comments: