Monday, September 24, 2012

Our Six Month Blessing

Porter is six months old today. Wow.

It's hard to believe that at this time six months ago I still had not met my son. I had not held him. Had not even seen him.

Yet here we are six months into Porter's life, and I so desperately wish I could stop time right now. Today, before he gets any older; any bigger. Stop time while Ella Beth is still a little girl at heart, and her sweet mama-heart comes out so often these days. Stop time while Landon is still a silly little boy who is coming into his own personality.

If only it were possible.

But it's not. And, though I sigh at the thought of just six more months passing until we are celebrating Porter's first birthday, I am reminded again and again to cherish every moment.

That's exactly what we did this past weekend as Scott and I dedicated our son and his upbringing to the Lord. We prayed and shared with those who love our family the most our values, our hopes, and our dreams for our third child. Our youngest son.

We pray that Porter will value honesty above anything else.

That he will have a reckless abandon to do what's right - love and respect for others, choices he makes, and how he treats people.

That he will have a moldable, teachable, and obedient heart.

That he will be generous with the blessings that God bestows upon him - no matter how great or small.

That he will have a magnetic personality - one that will draw others in and be a leader, even when making unpopular decisions.

Porter is the sweetest addition to our family. He's the piece we never knew was missing. It's as though in some way he brought our family together even tighter. Our focus as a family is clearer; much more concrete. We are blessed tremendously by this tiny little fella.






No comments: