Look at me, I actually remembered to have a belly photo taken at 24 weeks. That's no small miracle these days considering that I can hardly remember what I am talking about sometimes. No joke - yesterday, I was chatting it up with my mother-in-law after my doctor's appointment and I just stopped in MID-SENTENCE and had to ask, "Uh, what was I talking about???" Pregnancy brain is a dangerous thing!
--
I am 24 weeks pregnant. I feel 34+ weeks pregnancy. I don't know if it's because it's been 4 years, or because this is my third go 'round, or if it's just that I am busy with two other kiddos who still require lots of energy and who like to be picked up a few dozen times a day...but, I am hurting. Badly. The "pressure" has already started, contractions are daily, and there are times that I feel like something is tearing "in there" and it's excruciating (sorry for TMI!). But, I am just surviving on prayer and hope that God will see Porter and me through. Whenever anxieties try to wrestle their way in, I fight them off with prayer trusting that God is in control. He already knows what's going to happen and when. And, I'm just trusting Him with it all. (It's easier some days than others.)
Sick? Not really. However, I have gone from nausea to now being famished one day and then not being hungry for 2 or 3 days.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Pants and shirts now. I really only have 6 shirts and two pairs of pants that actually fit. So, I try to save those for days I know I'll be leaving the house. On days like today, though, I am wearing maternity clothes that look like Scott's clothes on me. I think it's funny that 15 years ago women used to wear really loose-fitting maternity clothes and thought that they were stylish. For me, not so much. It's probably b/c I'm so stinkin' short, but fitted maternity clothes are a much better option!
Showing? Yes. I still have a few people ask or give that questioning look, but when I'm wearing those "better clothes" there is no doubt!
Weight gain? Yes. And that's all I'm going to say. (I'll probably stick with this answer for a while, and may or may not reveal the total poundage at the end!)
Swelling? I definitely wake up every morning with puffy hands, but other than my tush swelling up (i.e. plumping up), not really. I also think my face has swollen a bit, but that could just be weight gain. My face got a little plump during my second trimester with Ella Beth and Landon, but then went down as I got closer to delivery. Hope that happens again soon!
Cravings? Still eating lots of apples - cold, crisp Granny Smiths and lots of cold red grapes. I am also craving sub sandwiches - turkey, lettuce, a little oil, and a lot of black pepper. Instead of making a run to Subway or Publix every day, I have started buying hoagie rolls at Publix and making my own at home.
Tired? I'm doing better on the sleepy aspect, but I do feel spent and exhausted a lot of the time. I find that I need to sit and rest (or stand and rest if I'm having contractions) a good bit of the day.
Am I going to have a shower? My friends Meredith and Amber and my mom and mother-in-law are throwing me a shower next month. I am very excited as we desperately need many necessities. Other than a pack-n-play, semi-umbrella stroller, one pack of bottles, and a shopping cart cover, there is nothing on my registry for over $15! Baby spoons, burp cloths, sippy cups, bibs, pacifiers, etc. make up just about everything! I am looking forward to seeing family and friends all gathered together to celebrate sweet little Porter. I know he will be very well loved. :)
Favorite pregnancy moment this month? It would definitely be the kiddos trying to take care of their baby brother already. Ella Beth and Landon will bring me apples from the fridge when they think that he needs a snack! And they ask questions about what he would like for dinner, or if he liked that CFA chicken biscuit, or if he's warm enough. This littlest fella is going to be well taken care of (maybe too much!) once he gets here. :)
--
Pictures:
Only one belly shot this month, but at least I have one! And, really...when people give me that questioning look I just can't believe it. I mean look at that belly!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment