But what to do with them when Christmas is over? Throw them away? Recycle them? No, they are just too pretty!
So last year we decided to keep them in a simple wire basket in our kitchen, and each week during dinner we pray as a family for the family on the card. It has grown into a nice ritual we do as a family, and most of all we are teaching our children to pray for others.
During the week that we are praying for a specific family, I try to remember to send out an email to someone in the family to let them know that they are being prayed for. One of the best things about praying for others without them knowing it is that sometimes after sending out an email, a surprising response will come. More than once during the last year, I would get an email back saying "Thank you" because that family had been going through a rough patch, or that they had an answered prayer during that week. It has been a blessing to us as a family to pray for others. And, one thing that is really touching is when we come in contact with the specific family Ella Beth will often say something like, "Hey, we've been praying for you!" She is so proud, and that is something that I am thankful is being hidden in her heart. :)
So, before you toss all of your Christmas cards, maybe decide to pray for the families or do something else creative with them!

5 comments:
Awesome idea...we are going to do this. Thanks for the tip.
Love this!! Thanks for the idea. We are going to do this too : ).
I'm a guy, and I still think this is a great idea!
So glad y'all like this idea and are going to do it, too! I hope it blesses your families as it has blessed ours.
And, Caleb...you made me laugh! ;)
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment