--
I went into Ella Beth's room and was going to put her bathing suit bottoms in her chest drawer. When I got close to the drawer, I screamed b/c there was an 8-legged thing on the drawer pull. (I hate 8-legged things, and I can't even say the word. They are just so scary to me!)
Now, I don't mean to offend anyone who may have turrets syndrome...but when I see an 8-legged thing I uncontrollably say S@#T. I can't help it. And this is from a girl who doesn't even say "sucks" b/c I think that is a bad word. That's just how terrified I am. It's awful, I know, but I just can't help it!!!
So, I scream and say my dirty word. The kiddos come running, of course. They find me freaking out, wailing my arms, and about to hyperventilate. (I am such a baby!) I run down the hall and grab our fly swatter. As I try to very bravely kill the thing, I miss, and it runs under the chest. S@#T! Opps, said it again. Don't think the kiddos noticed. ;)
It is here that I started cracking up as I was in bed - I give Landon the fly swatter and tell him, "Landon, I'm going to run and get the bug spray. You stay right here, and if you see that thing come out, kill it!" I seriously can NOT believe that I put my sweet little 3 year old on "patrol" standing in the door frame with an arsenal of a fly swatter. Seriously?!?! So I run down the stairs, grab that can of bug spray, and run back to find Landon standing at the ready with the fly swatter high above his little head ready to kill! Such a sweet boy for his
I spray under her chest, around her chest, along the walls...basically until no one can breathe in the room. We wait until Scott gets home and tell him to get it out.
Would you believe that stinkin' thing wasn't even under the chest??? Aaaahhhhhhh! So, I was laying in bed worrying where it could be...and then started cracking up as I relived the moments!
No comments:
Post a Comment