Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Fun Outdoors

If you had told this "semi-prissy, likes to be clean unless I'm supposed to be dirty" Mama that I would be outside more than inside after I had kiddos...I would have told you that you were looney. But, alas! I have been fully converted by my husband and two kiddos - including my "Mom, can I get dirty today?" asking little girl.

Most of the time we are content playing in our yard, but there are times when we seek adventure. Our latest adventure was Amicalola Falls.

Monkey see, monkey do. :)

Let the adventure begin!

Our hike started out pretty leisurely...
 Landon thought he'd just run on ahead. :)


And then they both thought they would climb the stairs. Are you wondering how long that lasted?!?
 Not very long.
Now...it was about 175 steps into this adventure that I thought I might actually die. No more photos until the top. Or coherent sentences for that matter. How many more steps to go???
 Oh, only 425! I have 3 words for you: BEST WORKOUT EVER.
I made it to the top with this sweetie. I could not stop during the hike; if I stopped, I knew I would never start back again. Random strangers kept giving me words of encouragement and telling me that I was almost there. They all lied. But, we made it.

Ella Beth and Landon needed a cooling off from their strenuous rides.



We finished our adventure going down. So. Much. Easier. :) And of course we ended with a picnic and a dip in the stream.

I love being a part of this family! Even if it did mean getting out of my prissy comfort zone just a little. :)

No comments: