Sunday, July 26, 2009

Summer-time fun and boo-boos

Well, it's Summer alright.

It's H-O-T hot. We bought a small pool to keep in our yard again this year for the kiddos to play in. Believe me when I tell you that there is NO WAY that I am taking an almost 3-year old and a 17-month old to the pool by myself. Scott and I took them today after church, and it was overwhelming how much work was involved!

Here's Ella Beth playing in the pool. The pool has a small slide that Ella Beth likes to go down over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...Whew, she wears me out!

DSC_0564 

Landon was happy climbing over the "wall" that separated the slide area from the pool area. 

DSC_0546 

He did this over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...My kids sure are repetitive aren't they?!?!

DSC_0551 

Something else that seems to be on an unfortunate repeat cycle is Ella Beth's injury. To her head - again - none the less. I am seriously starting to wonder how many times she can injure her head before permanent damage is done. Literally right after I snapped these pictures, Ella Beth (who had been wearing water shoes but took them off for some unknown reason) slipped. Her feet went right out from under her, and she landed on the concrete smacking the back of her head. She was honestly knocked silly. We were very concerned for a few minutes that she had a concussion b/c no knot formed. She couldn't stand; she couldn't answer simple questions...like, "What is your name? When is your b-day? How old are you?" She wanted to go to sleep, but of course we wouldn't let her. She finally came back to normal after about 25 minutes.

Well, as if that wasn't bad enough...

DSC_0582 

...Ella Beth decided to go and fall slap on the front of her head later the SAME day. Geesh! Who would have ever thought that this tiny cutie would cause me so much stress due to head injuries. We had come outside after dinner to play and were cleaning up the toys. Ella Beth was supposed to take her bike into the garage while I chased the last ball over the yard (Landon thinks it's funny to throw them everywhere when it's time to put them away!). Well, she decided that she would stand up on her bike. She didn't fall off...she fell OVER the front of her bike -- and landed on her head. I mean, what else is there? Certainly not a knee or elbow. Unheard of around here.

This latest injury is right over where she had stitches just 8 short months ago. Her scar appeared to be open a bit (couldn't tell exactly due to all the blood - nice, I know). We will just have to wait and see if we have a new scar, the old one comes back worse...or maybe all new skin will grow and it will be like it never happened.

Until next time, at least. Crazy girl! At least she keeps her spirits up. :)

DSC_0574



2 comments:

KellyAnn Madsen said...

Poor baby! And is Ella's middle name Grace, by any chance? :) I know mine should be, I'm oh so clumsy. But in all seriousness, it looks like Ella was kissed on her forehead. And Landon is such a cutie!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness!! I would not have been able to last the 25 min. without taking her to the hospital, but good for you and she bounced right back...right back over the front of her bike so it sounds. Wowsers!! Poor beautiful girl. I think I need to check for gray hairs just from reading.
We have that same pool and Hamilton loves it!! Let's get the kiddos together soon!