Well, I took his temperature again about 30 minutes later and it had gone up. So I called the pediatrician who told us to "go immediately to the ER." Okay...you don't have to tell this mommy twice.
When we got to Scottish Rite Landon's temp was at 101 which is extremely high for a baby under 3 months. They actually gave him acetaminophen to help bring his fever down.
So after the catheter, blood work, and x-rays, it was determined that Landon has mild RSV. And, of course, there is no medicine that they could give him b/c it's viral. They did emphasize to us how important it was for us to have brought him in, despite the fact that we really didn't leave much better than we arrived. However, now we know what to look for and how to better evaluate him to make sure he's not getting worse that would involve him having to be admitted to the hospital. I'll take him tomorrow to the pediatrician so he can be checked to make sure things are headed in the right direction.
It was stressful on us, but mostly on Little Landon. He cried screamed during every procedure. I actually had to leave the room once because I about lost it. It was beyond horrible watching my little fella in pain. He is sleeping now, and I imagine will for a good while.
Thanks for your prayers. I'll update again after Landon's hearing evaluation...which, we found out, he will probably have to be sedated for. I'm telling you what...when it rains, it pours. We sure wouldn't mind a few more prayers for our little fella!
3 comments:
praying for sweet little Landon! it is never fun to have a sick child, but especially a newborn. praying he is better soon!
Oh my goodness!! I just had no idea this was all going on - I'm so sorry. We will for sure pray without ceasing for the healing of this little man. He's had a tough first 7 weeks, but I know our Savior is holding him close and that healing is around the corner. Love y'all.
oh... you poor thing. I hope and pray he is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment