Friday, April 4, 2008

Landon, Landon, Landon

Oh, Landon.  These last few days have been R-O-U-G-H.  Yesterday being the worst.  Landon woke up at 7:24 AM and only slept 1 hour between then and 4:00 PM.  ONE HOUR.  It was horrible.  The poor little fella was exhausted, but every time he would lay down he reflux would act up.  It has gotten so bad.  It now shoots into his nose with every single episode.  Since he doesn't know how to blow his nose, it stays in the back of his nose where he chokes on it and can't breathe.  I can only imagine how much it burns.  We have tried the nasal aspirator a number of times, but his spit up is so far back in his nasal passage, the we can't get to it.  It is absolutely horrible.  He's in so much discomfort, and there's nothing we can do. 



We are still in the "application process" for insurance.  We would take Landon to the doctor and get him medicine and pay out of pocket without hesitation - no matter the cost.  However, we can't.  If we take him to the doctor, then the insurance company will look at him as having a "pre-exisiting condition" and won't cover him.  (We tried to switch insurance companies when Ella Beth was little and they wouldn't cover her b/c she had GERD.)  Since we need him to be covered, especially with the hearing specialists and possible surgery that he may need, we just can't take him to the doctor yet.  Can you even imagine how horrible we feel???  How helpless?  If our other stupid insurance had just given us some notice that our coverage was being terminated, this wouldn't even be an issue.  Grrrrr.



All of this to say we would appreciate your prayers.  Scott and I are exhausted.  Unfortunately, his reflux isn't just a day thing.  It's really bad at night, too.  We have to hold him upright for at least 30 minutes after he eats, and sometimes that doesn't even help.  We want Landon to feel better soon.  Thanks!



4 comments:

missy said...

Amber
I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time right now. My only suggestion is maybe try putting Landon in his car seat to sleep. I'm not sure if it would work, but it's worth a try. Also, I have a side motion swing you are welcome to borrow if you'd like. LMK and I'll bring it to you. Hope it gets better real soon! I'm praying for ya'll.

Desta said...

How awful! I hate insurance b/c of silly stuff like that! Ugh! So sorry you are literally stuck in that position with your hands tied. What a helpless feeling. I can only imagine the frustration. Will definitely be praying that it is resolved very soon and that in the meantime Landon will get some relief, even if temporary, so you all can rest and sleep better until you can get him to a Dr. Hang in there-

Laura said...

I have been praying for you since I read your last blog. To me, this is that hardest time with a newborn. It is in between the time where they sleep all the time and before they start sleeping on a regular pattern again. I would go with Missy's suggestion and try the side to side swing. Reece slept in that at night when she had severe reflux when Joe and I were about to loose our minds. We wouldn't run it at night, but it helped her SO much because the way they are made was wonderful. Can they call in a prescription of (is it?) Zantac? When we get back from vacation, I would love to come over and watch the kids to let you sleep, do housework, or exercise (I know you said you missed that although that would be way down on my list : ).

Kylie White said...

seriously praying for you girl. i know you feel overwhelmed with landon and EB, having two is so hard, i feel like reese has gone 180 degrees the other way with her tantrums and outbursts. It is hard, and i cant imagine topping that off with a sick baby. praying for landon and praying the insurance is resolved quickly so landon and YOU can get some relief. make sure you are reaching out for the help you need and more! i just called my mom tuesday and had her come wed-fri b/c i was at my wits end. just make sure you reach out for help! it is out there for you! love you girl.