Saturday, July 14, 2007

Where oh where has it all gone???

Well, it's official...I have pumped the last milk that I can pump. After 11 months, 1 week, and 6 days - my milk supply is very limited so Ella Beth will be getting what's left directly from the source. Should make things interesting when my mother-in-law keeps Ella Beth and needs to give her a cup of milk before she goes to bed. She refuses all formula, even the "next step" that is half formula half powdered milk. It's not quite time to start whole milk. Does anyone have any suggestions?



I took this picture as a momento of the last year feeding my daughter. These are the last 7 precious ounces of milk that I will pump for Ella Beth. I am going to print this photo and keep it somewhere with Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." When I think that I can't do something, I will have proof that OH, YES I CAN!!! Dsc_0415



It has been the most amazing experience. I have loved every second of nursing Ella Beth. Sure, it would have been nice if she would have taken a bottle when needed, but I wouldn't trade the last year for anything. I feel so amazed that I provided nurishment for my little girl; the best nurishment that she could have ever had. God made women incredible beings! Even women who are only able or only choose to nurse 1 day or 1 week - they are still incredible that they could even do that. Girls rule!!!



2 comments:

Ashley Jansen said...

Good for you!

Megan said...

i'm confused - why did you pump if she never took a bottle? anyway, i may be too nosy, but i was just confused. either way, congrats! i breastfed ansley for a year, and she never took a bottle, and plan on doing the same with christian. i know it can be challenging, but is so worth it. we started giving ansley small sips of whole milk when she was 11 months - have you tried that with Ella Beth? give it time - she'll get the hang of it. ansley didn't like milk at first, but before long she was downing it, and still is a HUGE milk lover!