Friday, August 9, 2013

Catching A Butterfly

Buddy-Ro loves to catch things. As in living, flying, crawling, squirming things.

Which I do not.

But the other day he finally caught something I could truly appreciate - a beautiful Monarch Butterfly. Daddy showed everyone how to hold it so that its wings wouldn't be broken (although it already had a small spot that was damaged). It was passed around, had its picture taken, and then set free.

DSC_0002

DSC_0003

DSC_0005

I love my camera for capturing these pictures. The Butterfly was flapping its wings like crazy while Scott was teaching the kiddos how to handle it, but these pictures look like it was enjoying the attention it was receiving and performing for the camera. ;)

DSC_0008

DSC_0013

DSC_0010

Buddy-Ro loved holding the butterfly.

DSC_0017

DSC_0022

And Birdie-girl enjoyed it, too...maybe just not quite as much. ;)

DSC_0029

DSC_0033

Thank you, God, for all the beautiful things you made!!

No comments: