Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fat Lip

On Saturday evening, Scott and I went out on a date with our old small group. We ate at Provino's...which is one of my favorite restaurants! When we got home, Scott's mom, Kathy, was beside herself with worry. Ella Beth had taken quite a tumble while we were gone. After Ella Beth got out of the bathtub, she went to the living room and began twirling. (How is it that every little girl automatically knows how to twirl simply by being a girl?!?!)

Well, while twirling, Ella Beth got dizzy and fell flat on her face on our hardwood floors. She busted her lip very badly, knocked her top left tooth loose, and we were a little worried that her nose may have been broken. Of course, Ella Beth was fast asleep once we got home and we knew that if we woke her to check on her it would take a long while to get her back down. So we let her sleep, and she slept well all night long.

This picture was taken first thing Sunday morning with my iPhone. I didn't want her to feel like an exhibit at the zoo, so I refrained from getting my real camera and taking multiple shots. But, I'm a mama through and through...so I simply must document! Her poor lip looked just horrible with a HUGE blood blister, her cheek was swollen, and so was her nose. But, after a few bowls of ice cream (because that is all she "could" eat since her tooth hurt so badly), the swelling went down a LOT.



This incident reminded me that there will be times when I am not able to watch out and care for Ella Beth, but God, who loves Ella Beth even more than I do, always watches over her. We are so thankful that the injuries were not worse! The dentist has made the decision to leave her tooth in for now because pulling it would require a spacer to make sure her teeth don't start growing incorrectly. So, no tooth fairy for us...yet!

No comments: