Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Much Fun - 2

Oh, how I love snow! Everything is just beautiful covered in white powder. Despite the extremely frigid temperatures and the fact that it takes 15 minutes to get ready to go outside ;)...I still thoroughly enjoy snow when we get it. And, boy did we get it!!!

 

 




The kiddos were so excited to build a snowman snowLADY. (I wonder who named her that?!)
 
We started off our sledding with a laundry basket since every store around here has been out of sleds for weeks. It worked really well down our iced-driveway and frozen yard. :)

  



Our next door neighbor came out and told us that she had some real sleds and asked if we'd like to use them. Ummm, yes!!!


Squeals of delight!



And smiles all around!

Ella Beth had a blast sledding. Well, right up until she tumbled off her sled and met the ice face first. Poor thing! This picture does not do her face justice because it was just so bright outside. There are scratches and bruises all over her cheek and chin and even her neck. You can tell that the left side of her face is swollen. She was a tough girl, but said, "I am done sledding for today" once the tears stopped.

Daddy built us a fire "just because," and it was nice to take a break from sledding and relax.


Love making memories with our family. :)

1 comment:

Ashley Jansen said...

So much fun!! What a great time we all had in the snow!!