I have heard it said that whatever occupies your mind the most becomes your god.
What occupies my mind the most?
Me. Myself. I.
What am I going to do today? What are my kids going to do? What am I going to wear? What am I going to buy for myself? How am I going to spend my time? What do my kids want and need?
I told you I could be a very selfish person. And, frankly, sometimes it's ugly to be convicted.
Over and over again in Scripture, we are told that the reason we are here in this life - the only reason God has given us breath - is to bring Him glory.
Glory - noun. - very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed; renown
But, oh, how often do I give myself that honor that does not belong to me? How often do I look to myself and my own desires before looking to God? Too often do I think of myself before I stop to think of others; let alone God.
At church today, we sang a song that has been my favorite song since the very first time that I ever heard it. What I like the most about the song "Forever Reign," by Hillsong is that every single line of the song gives Jesus all of the glory.
He is Good.
He is Love.
He is Light.
He is Hope.
He is Peace.
He is True.
He is Joy.
He is Life.
He is More.
He is Lord.
He is Here.
He is God.
My heart will sing no other name. Jesus.
May what occupies my mind more and more be less of me and more of Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment