Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm moving!!!

Yup, you read that right - I'm moving. Blogs that is.

Be on the look out for a special message regarding the new placement of my blog. Per my husband's request (that I've been semi putting off since the beginning of the year - opps!), it will be "private" - by invitation only. ;) Just in case you're not in my normal email bank, let me know via comment on this blog if you'd like to know the new location and password for my new blog.

So...after my last post (that was quite heavy), I can give a little bit of an update.

I've still been struggling with feeling let down by God, but I have realized that this "season" is only temporary. I have realized that I am growing in my faith through this season, and that is ultimately God's purpose.

A story that my friend Ally shared with me that really helped me realize that my reaction to adversity can determine the path that it will lead me.

There
was a woman who complained to her father that her life was miserable
and that she didn't know how she was going to make it. She was tired of
fighting and struggling all the time. It seemed just as one problem was
solved, another one soon followed. 

Her father, a chef, took her into
the kitchen. He filled 3 pots with water and placed each on a high
fire. After the pots were boiling, he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs
in the second pot, and ground coffee beans in the 3rd. "What is he
doing?" she thought.

After 20 min he removed the pots from the fire and
removed the contents. The father asked her what she saw and she said
"Potatoes, eggs, and coffee."  The father said, "Look closely and touch
the potatoes." She did they were soft. He then asked her to break the
egg but it was hard boiled. The he asked her to sip the coffee and the
aroma brought a smile to her face.

The father explained that the
potatoes, the eggs, and coffee beans had each faced the same
adversity. However, they reacted differently. The potato went in
strong, hard, and unrelenting, but in boiling water, it becamce soft
and weak. The egg was fragile, with the thin outer shell protecting its
liquid interior until it was put in the boiling water and the inside
became hard. However, the coffee beans were unique. After they went
through the boiling water, they changed the water and became something
new.

The father asked his daughter, "Which are you? When adversity
knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a potato, an egg, or a
coffee bean?" In life, things happen around us, things happen to us,
but the only thing that truly matters is what happens within us.



7 comments:

Ashly said...

I'll take an invite please:)

Jennifer Stowe said...

Yes, please send me your new blogging site. FYI- my email has changed to jennstowe@comcast.net
Jen

Summer Pendley said...

Amber~ If you don't mind, I'd like an invite as well...how is Ella Beth?
My email is jspendley21@yahoo.com

Rachael Walkup said...

I hope you know I want an invite :) Love!

Angela said...

Please send me the invite too. themominator246@aol.com
Thanks, Love Angela

KellyAnn said...

I love following your blog. You have a special way of writing. I would love to continue to follow you once you go private.
madsen3024@comcast.net

aimee said...

Hey Amber! I love reading your blog and I would love it if you would add me to your list!
aimeethurmond@hotmail.com