Sunday, March 1, 2009

Landon's big day

It was bittersweet celebrating Landon's first birthday. His party was a lot of fun, but it was hard to let go of my little baby boy. I will be the first to admit that I L-O-V-E the baby stage. I cherish all the cuddles and coos. I love carrying around my little guy. I adore the sweetness of my baby. But, life stops for no one -- not even a sentimental mama!

I won't explain all of the pictures because I have too many to share. If you'll put up with all the pics, I won't bore you will all the words!

DSC_0011

DSC_0013

DSC_0029

DSC_0035

DSC_0043

DSC_0050

(Despite having Chick-fil-a nuggets, green beans, & mac-n-cheese on the main menu...Landon simply ate two rolls for his birthday supper.)

DSC_0053

DSC_0057

DSC_0060

DSC_0068

DSC_0078

DSC_0083

(Landon didn't know what to think of his cake. He played in it for a few minutes, took (maybe) two bites of icing, and then decided that he didn't like it on his hands! It must say something about Scott and me that BOTH of our babies didn't like having messy hands!)

DSC_0087

DSC_0093

(Landon ate 5 bites of ice cream, and then he decided that he didn't like it. He wouldn't open his mouth for another bite. Crazy boy!)

DSC_0100

DSC_0165

DSC_0190

(I had a present for Ella Beth just in case she didn't really understand that it wasn't her birthday. She would have been fine, except she gave Landon her present! I re-wrapped it and let her open it. She loved her skirt and wore it the rest of the night!)

DSC_0230

DSC_0207

DSC_0209

DSC_0223

DSC_0232

DSC_0236

DSC_0216

What a fun birthday party for my little fella's big day!



3 comments:

Megan said...

Cute! Looks like a fun party! And I recognize a couple of those little ones. :) Where was it? I don't recognize that! :) It is always tough as our kids get older...but good thing for us each stage is just as sweet! :)

Angie said...

The one of Carsyn and Landon cracked me up! Carsyn is not being very lady like!

Ashley said...

Hamilton had such a great time! Glad we could be there. You have to tell the blog audience the 'fire' story. It's too classic and memory-making not to!