So, I started this post the other day thinking that I could just finish it at the hospital. I didn't bank on my computer not working at the hospital. Alas, Scott brought his computer so I'll finish this post before I head home to be with Landon (who is sick again...but more about that later).
Here is Ella Beth once again in the ER on Friday night. She started vomiting and having diarrhea again, and was more lethargic. When we got here her sugar was dangerously low, she was more dehydrated than ever, and was in very bad shape. The doctor saw her and talked with us for about 5 minutes before he said, "She's not leaving here again until we know what's wrong." That's exactly what we wanted to hear - finally someone was in agreement with us.
At 2:10 A.M., Ella Beth was finally moved to a room. She was worn out.
Here's her new room.
Exhausted and ready to feel better.
So, today is Tuesday. Here's what we know:
Ella Beth is still getting sick. She threw up all over herself and me this morning. She has "pottied" 3 times already today. WARNING: grossness...her poopies are all mucus, and they are indicative of an infection. They just haven't found it yet. She is skinny, skinny, skinny. I can count all of her ribs and vertebrae from 10 feet away. (In the picture above, however, you can tell how distended her belly was when we got here. She was bloated beyond belief. She looked like an olive on toothpicks.) They have tested her for parasites, viruses, and acute diseases. They say that they have ruled all of those out since her symptoms have gone on for so long now (21 days and counting).
This morning around 2 A.M., Scott got up with Landon who was throwing up. He threw up and had diarrhea for hours, until he finally crashed around 8 this morning. Landon came to the hospital with me on Sunday so Scott and I could trade cars (due to car seat issues). Once I told the doctors that he was sick again,they got very worried because he wasn't here long, they didn't have much "real" contact, and it's been so soon afterward that he has come down with her symptoms. They have now put us on alert for infections diseases. They have called the Infection Diseases specialist, but we have yet to see him/her. Apparently, time at the hospital is only measured in WAITING hours. Very frustrating.
So, we are still here, but with no more answers than we had previously - other than a parasite NOT being the cause of her sickness. They are still giving her the meds for the parasite saying that it might kill something else. Apparently it's not working.
I'll update later once we know something (hopefully).
Scott and I can not tell you how thankful we are for your prayers. We truly feel that Ella Beth has kept her spirits up (most of the time!) due to the prayers that are pulling for her. We are all so blessed by your friendship. We also want to thank you for sharing Ella Beth and Landon's prayer request with those that you know. We are humbled by the outpouring of love and faithfulness of those we know, and many of those we don't. Scott and I can not express our gratitude enough.
7 comments:
Amber you have no idea who I am, but I read your blog occasionally through my friend Desta's website. My little girl and boy are only a few months older than yours and my heart breaks as I read what has been going on with Ella Beth and Landon. I want you to know that people you don't even know are praying for you and your family and that the doctors find out what is wrong and get your babies back to feeling better quickly!!! My thoughts are with you.
Still praying hard!!
My eyes just fill with tears every time I read your updates or get your emails. I just can't imagine the worries in a Mama's heart, the pain at seeing her babies still hurting, and the frustration over the slowness of the whole process. Lifting you all up daily in prayer!
"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases." Psalm 103:2
Praying for answers soon!!
Still praying. For those of you reading the comments and are interested in helping out with a meal in the near future for the Castleberry's here is the link: http://freecal.brownbearsw.com/Castleberry
Praying!
Oh Amber! SO sorry! Still praying and having our small group pray! Wish we could do something more to help. I know you must feel helpless, too at times. Take care.
Amber and Scott,
Please know that Wesley and I are constantly praying and worrying with you. You guys are NOT alone. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. You are AMAZING parents! We love and support you so much. Hang in there. He will heal all!
Post a Comment