Monday, January 19, 2009

Caffeine

Yes, this will be the second post in a row with no pictures...but you know I'll make up for it!!!

This morning I had coffee for the first time in years. Why the need for caffeine? Ella Beth was up 5 (yes, five) times last night. She has not been sleeping "through the night" for the last three weeks.

Does anyone have a clue what may be going on? Nothing significant happened or changed before her night wakings started. Actually, we just converted her crib to a toddler bed over the weekend thinking maybe that would help. Maybe she wasn't comfortable??? Nope. She didn't sleep any worse, but she didn't sleep any better either.

She has been cutting her 2-year molars over the last month, but she has never acted like they have bothered her. I've even asked her about her teeth, and she says they don't hurt.

Ugh!

So, I'm just throwing it out there...hoping for an answer from someone else who's had this experience.

Anyone?

OK - so a word of encouragement (or a reminder that being a mommy really is wonderful) would be gladly accepted, too. ;)



4 comments:

Ally said...

I wish I had some advice for you. I know that not getting enough sleep can take a toll on you. I'll pray she sleeps well for you tonight!

Ashley said...

Why didn't you mention this today when we were at lunch? Hamilton started doing that and the only solution we found was that we kept his door cracked open. Actually, at first it was WIDE open and then night after night we would slowly pull it a little more closed...he's down to about 2 inches, but still no all the way closed like he used to do. We thought it was nightmares or something. It started when we went to go visit the Greiner's and he was sleeping in a different surrounding. Is she crying when she wakes up? Or just coming to get you?

Laura said...

I could be totally off (and I know you mentioned it), but generally when that happens with my children it is their teeth. I have read that it can also cause ear problems at night when the teeth finally come through. I hope this goes by fast for you..no sleep is tough!

megan said...

This happened with Ansley when she was pushing 3 years old. We never knew why or what caused it...and at the time it seemed we tried EVERYTHING we could think of...bribes, treats, rewards, discipline, no snack, more snack, water by the bed, pulling our hair out....I won't tell you how long it went on for but I can say that now she sleeps like a dream! ;) Now for those encouraging words...oh, yes, like everything else, it's just a season, and IT WILL PASS. And then someone will be asking you Did Ella Beth ever have problems sleeping and you'll be like, umm, yeah, it seems like maybe she did, but it's hard to remember. :)