"He who has God plus stuff, has no more than he who only has God."
~C.S. Lewis
Since church on Sunday, I have been thinking about the "extra" that I have in my life. Although I don't always feel it or act like it, I am abundantly blessed.
Andy Stanley said something a few years ago that has stuck with me - "Comparison is the cancer that robs you of the joys of your life." When I compare myself to others, I can always find areas where I fall short (no pun intended by this 5-foot lady). There are so many different aspects where others are "better" or have "more" than I do. And, that's OK.
My goal for this week is to enjoy what God has blessed me with. When I think of my list, I am ashamed that I ever complain.
My God.
My church.
My husband.
My daughter.
My son.
My friends.
My freedom.
My house.
My car.
My jobs.
My food.
My clothes.
My warm water.
My clean water.
My bed.
All of these are what I consider necessities. Everything else, is extra.
My cell phone.
My computer.
Decorations in my house.
Clothes that I never/rarely wear.
TV + DVR.
A yearly vacation.
I won't go on...
I hope that you feel blessed today. If you don't, try to remember that you are. We all are.
1 comment:
Hey Amber, I was also so touched by that quote from church and it really made me think. We all need a wake up call every now and then. How blessed we are to go to such an amazing church. Hope all is going well!
Post a Comment