Monday, December 1, 2008

I can feel God moving in me

Today at work I had the most awesome experience.  I was able to worship our Mighty God with my boss, my "big boss," and my co-workers.  We celebrated the wonderful name of Jesus together as we sang worship songs and took communion together during our all-staff meeting.  How amazing it is that I work in a place where the mission is "To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ."  I truly enjoy working at North Point, but after such an amazing staff meeting today where we celebrated in our almighty Father's name...it makes my "job" so much more fulfilling.  Even though I am a teeny-tiny part, everything everyone does at NP helps lead other people towards our mission.

At our staff meeting today, I stood with my friend Ashly.  I worshiped the Lord with my friend who has undergone a tragedy beyond anything I can imagine.  There were times when I was lost in prayer talking to God about how I don't know how Ashly is standing, let alone here to worship Him.  There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about Ashly and pray for her broken heart.  My heart still aches for the loss of Brooks.  But I am confident our God is a loving God because her tragedy has not broken her spirit.  I lifted my hands as we shouted, "God loves us.  Oh how He loves us."  He truly does.

In church yesterday, Andy said something that I thought was profound.  He said that God often doesn't speak to us unless He knows we are going to obey.  I thought that was absolutely amazing.  How true it is, too, isn't it?  Think about it, when we are at our limit - when we are desperate for an answer - isn't that when we can truly hear God speaking?  We are so willing to obey because we have exhausted all other options.  Wow.  Think about how being an obedient child of God would allow us to hear Him, hear the Holy Spirit's wisdom speaking straight to us, all of the time.  WOW!

I don't know about you, but my prayer for the next week/month/year (however long it takes) is to become a more obedient child of our Heavenly Father because I want to hear from Him.  I want to hear His guidance and His tender words of love and understanding. 




3 comments:

Rachael Walkup said...

Amber,
I feel the exact same way! Thanks for posting your thoughts. I'm so glad to know you!
Love-Rachael

Jill Thornton said...

Hey Amber! I found your blog through Ashly Tucker's...it's a small world! Let's get together sometime! I love the pics of your babies...you are so talented girlfriend!

Karin said...

So true, God speaks to the obedient... makes me realize that when I was waiting for God to show up, I couldn't hear him because I was trying to hold onto control. My goal is obedience as well! You are awesome Amber!